CFO and Executive Services
[su_expand more_text=”READ MORE” less_text=”READ LESS” height=”210″ text_color=”#666″]
Our principal Simon Vertullo is able to fill executive roles covering:
- ‘Special Projects’
Our business also works with a network of interim executives and staff who as required are able to work with us simultaneously to fill other leadership, financial, management and operational requirements.
Simon Vertullo’s experience includes CFO roles managing large finance and accountancy functions with responsibilities covering:
- Management reporting.
- Annual and half year audit processes.
- Board reporting.
We have had engagements:
- With over 50 large private and ASX listed companies.
- Involving an extensive number of industries including mining & resources, FMCG, manufacturing, aged care and health, financial services, property and construction, professional services, retail and agribusiness.
Our work has covered finance and commercial responsibilities such as:
- Transaction management.
- Dealing with financiers.
- Contract and supplier negotiation.
- Cash flow management.
We have also been engaged for specific project roles including:
- Cost out processes.
- Finance function reorganisation.
- Operational shut downs and exits.
Board Advisory and Solutions
[su_expand more_text=”READ MORE” less_text=”READ LESS” height=”270″ text_color=”#666″]
Our board work includes both advisory roles and non executive directorships.
Integral Financial’s advisory work covers:
- Reporting regarding material performance, risk and transaction issues.
- Budget, forecast and management account reviews.
- Investment/subsidiary reviews for parent entities.
- Reviews of turnaround strategy and performance improvement plans.
- Safe Harbour advisory and solvency assessments.
We also take non executive directorships when situational expertise is required for the governance of organisations and the executive team.
Our board advisory experience includes the following engagements:
- Review for board of proposed merger of subsidiary of listed entity as part of vertical integration in technology sector.
- Independent assessment of management reporting and creation of new reporting program for board of large not for profit group.
- Financial management, cash flow and solvency review on behalf of board of government owned utility business.
- Independent assessment of executive leadership, governance and performance of subsidiary of listed entity.
- Review of budget and cash flow forecast and restructuring options on behalf of board of listed digital media technology company.
- Solvency review for board of allied health care group following loss of federal government contracts.
Transaction Support Services
[su_expand more_text=”READ MORE” less_text=”READ LESS” height=”135″ text_color=”#666″]Interim engagements working with client’s existing advisers to support, manage and facilitate the completion of:
- Due diligence
- Trade sales and IPOs
Our transaction experience includes:
- Management of successful $25M mezzanine finance recapitalisation on behalf of in-home aged care provider including overseeing forecast preparation and due diligence and stakeholder management of board, investment bank and existing financier.
- Commercial review on behalf of national retail and wholesale automotive supply group in relation to its acquisition of existing retail franchisee network. Transaction was part of transformation of business model of the purchaser to have an owned store network and more centralised supply with work including assessment of integration and synergy issues.
- Negotiation and management of buyout of minority shareholders of part owned subsidiary of listed entity including facilitating valuation and exit process designated by shareholders agreement.
- Sale of $400M property portfolio of commercial buildings and shopping centres on behalf of financier including readying the properties for sale, completion of works, managing leasing and tenants, engaging agents and negotiation of contracts and terms.
- Management of due diligence process for subsidiary of listed technology company including forecast model preparation for buy out by listed out-of-home advertising firm.
- Negotiation and sale of building supply business including preparation of financial material, facilitating due diligence and dealings with minority shareholders.
- Commercial review on behalf of private equity in relation to acquisition of competitor business to integrate with its existing investment in FMCG business. Focus of review was potential revenue growth and cost synergies and producing proforma EBITDA to support basis of the purchase.
- Various sale processes in relation to businesses in the following sectors – retail, finance, property, technology, manufacturing and agribusiness.
[su_expand more_text=”READ MORE” less_text=”READ LESS” height=”245″ text_color=”#666″]We provide specialist services to work with management teams and boards to meet the challenges of the turnaround environment and the solutions we deliver includes:
- Developing and implementing financial and operational turnaround management plans.
- Safe harbour processes.
- Reviews and reporting for stakeholders such as boards, investors and banks.
- Negotiating with financiers and creditors to achieve restructurings.
- Cash management to support the funding of operations, CAPEX and debt repayment.
- Refinancing of debt to mezzanine and alternative financiers more suited to the assets and performance of a company.
Our turnaround roles have included:
- Negotiating managed exits from underperforming geographic markets for a national furniture retailer including termination arrangements with institutional lessors.
- Development and management of cash flow optimisation strategy for aged care business involving negotiation with creditors, removing bottlenecks in working capital and freeing up cash flow to support a refinancing.
- Financier and creditor negotiation for pharmacy group to achieve standstill agreements and revised repayment and security arrangements.
- Developing a turnaround program for a large waste disposal and recycling business.
- Financial reporting analysis for large not for profit entity to identify underperformance issues, allow benchmarking and measurement of KPIs and improvement to the financial management of the business.
- Numerous roles dealing and negotiating with banks, financiers and the ATO in relation to debt repayment programs, security arrangements and restructurings.
We know there is no more critical and sensitive time in the life cycle of a company than when it is experiencing performance issues or going through a restructuring process. In this environment we seek to bring:
- Change and innovation culture focus.
- Empathy in dealings with staff and stakeholders.
- Multi-option approach such that there always a Plan B (and sometimes plans C, D and E) to create fall back alternatives and find the best possible outcome.